PINTEREST

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Painting With Puffy Paint

Yesterday was such a beautiful day that we headed outside in the morning to do some painting with "puffy paint". I'm not sure how we have not tried this before! I know I pinned it on my pinterest a long time ago.....I'm SO glad we tried it because it was a lot of fun for the kids! 

Here is the recipe:

1/2 cup flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp salt, food colouring, enough water to make a paste, and pieces of cardboard (that will fit in your microwave).

After they are done creating you just pop the cardboard into the microwave for 20-30 secs.


I`ll be honest...I didn`t follow the recipe at all ;) I was working on the fly with all the little ones anxiously waiting to get outside so I just ran to the cupboard, mixed the items together without measuring at all & voila! It turned out great :)  





K wanted to set the pictures to dry in the sun & "see if they would puff up in the sun"  He was very impressed when they did.
 

Here they are after being microwaved for 20-30 seconds.
 



They all had so much fun with this & were so proud of what they created!  They actually sat at the table while I made lunch feeling the textures on their cardboard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment