PINTEREST

Monday, June 10, 2013

Nature Scavenger Hunt


Last week K was into being a "spy" & these days that is ALL he talks about...LOL
It sparked an idea for me to make up an outdoor scavenger hunt....and of course I needed to sneak in some learning opportunities as well.
 
I thought I took a picture of the list but I can't find it so I will write out what I remember:
 
O  Find something red
O Find something that rhymes with "sock"
O Find a blue car
O Find something that starts with an "D"
O Find something that rhymes with "free"
O Find something that starts with a "G"
O Find something that starts with a "C"
O Find a robin
O Find an insect
 
I had him check everything off as he found them. I also had him write out the items he found that started with a certain letter & that rhymed.  I got a little sigh when I asked him to do this (He HATES writing!) but he did it with no argument ;)
 
For the letter D- this one took him a while but he finally found "door"
Letter G- garage
Letter C- cat
For the word that rhymes with sock he found "rock"...this one was super easy for him.
 




Little K had a lot of fun with this!   There was so much learning here with him reading the list (repeatedly) & thinking of rhyming words, as well as the items that started with a certain letter.  Even Baby M had lots of fun helping her brother (she loves insects!)  & we will definitely be doing it again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment